Free radicals are generated inside the body throughout our daily lives, such as during hard exercise, smoking, exposure to ultraviolet rays or air pollution, aging, physical or psychological stress etc.
They are atoms or groups of atoms with an unpaired number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules. Their chief danger comes from the damage when they react with important cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane. Cells may function poorly or die if this occurs.
Antioxidants are molecules which can safely interact with free radicals and terminate the chain reaction before vital molecules are damaged. H2 has been studied and proposed to be an effective antioxidant.
H2 is the king of antioxidant
Compared to the other antioxidants, it has favorable distribution characteristics to penetrate bio-membranes and diffuse into the cytosol. H2 is a colorless, odorless and tasteless. It is mild, not disturb metabolic redox reactions nor to affect reactive oxygen species.
There are several methods to ingest or consume H2, including taking a H2 water bath, inhaling H2 gas, or drinking H2 water . H2 shows not only effects against oxidative stress, but also protection and prevention effects.
H2 easily penetrates the skin and distributes throughout the body via blood flow.
Taking a H2 water bath is a method of incorporating H2 into the body in daily life.
H2 drinking water is beneficial and convenient due to being portable easily.
H2 gas inhalation is a straight forward method. It could be inhaled by delivering hydrogen gas through a facemask or nasal cannula.
H2 inhalation acts rapidly, it is suitable for defense against acute oxidative stress.
H2 for Health
- Protective effects on ischemia-reperfusion injury
- Protective effects on hepatic and cardiac ischemia reperfusion injury
- Protective effects in organ transplantation
- Protective effects in infectious diseases and anti-inflammatory effects
- Prevention of cognitive decline
- Preventive and therapeutic affects on Parkinson disease
- Prevention of atherosclerosis
- Improvement of metabolic syndrome
- Prevention of adverse effects by an anti-tumor Drug
- Anti-allergic reactions
- Effects on transplantation
H2 for skin
- Drinking effect of H2 Water on atopic dermatitis induced by dermatophagoides farinae allergen
- The balneotherapy effect of hydrogen reduced water on UVB-mediated skin.
- Hydrogen-rich electrolyzed warm water represses wrinkle formation against UVA ray together with type-I collagen production and diminish oxidative-stress in fibroblasts and cell-injury prevention in keratinocytes.
- Eumelanin-driven production of molecular hydrogen: A novel element of skin defense.
- Hydrogen-rich PBS protects cultured human cells from ionizing radiation-induced cellular damage.
- H2 protects human lymphocyte AHH-1 cells against C heavy ion radiation.
- Histological study on the effect of electrolyzed reduced water-bathing on UVB radiation-induced skin injury.
H2 is the main element of miracle healing water
Many legends claim that miracle water could cure diseases, including Lourdes France, Nordenau spring Germany, Tlacote Mexico, Hita Japan and Hunza Pakistan. Lots of people visited these places everyday for miracle water to treat their illness. In 2002 Japan’s TBS TV program USO, they brought the Lourdes miracle water to Japan Kyushu University for Dr. Sanetaka Shirahata’s Lab. to analyze. The analysis report concludes that miracle water contains the rich of HYDROGEN which is an excellent anti-oxidant.